OBJECTIVE OF THE EXAMINATION
This Course is specifically designed to meet the minimum qualification needs of the financial market participants at brokerage houses with client interaction and to ensure that they are competent to provide buying & selling services to stock market investors.
This exam is by and large mandated for Brokers, Agents of Brokers, Equity Traders and Sales Staff of Brokers and Brokerage Firms.
The curriculum is divided into elements and these are broken down into a series of learning objectives. Each learning objective begins with one of the following prefixes: know, understand, be able to calculate andbe able to apply. These words indicate the different levels of skill to be tested. Learning objectives prefixed:
- Know: require the candidate to recall information such as facts, rules and principles
- Understand: require the candidate to demonstrate comprehension of an issue, fact, rule or principle.
- Be able to calculate: Require the candidate to be able to use formulae to perform calculations.
- Be able to apply: Require the candidate to be able to apply their knowledge to a given set of circumstances in order to present a clear and detailed explanation of a situation, rule or principle.
Each examination paper is constructed from a specification that determines the weightings that will be given to each element. The specification is given below.
It is important to note that the numbers quoted may vary slightly from examination to examination as there is some flexibility to ensure that each examination has a consistent level of difficulty. However, the number of questions tested in each element will not change by more than plus or minus 2. This comprises of 100 multiple choice questions.
|1||Introduction to Equity and Fixed Income Markets||10|
|3||Primary Market and Secondary Market||15|
|4||Mechanisms in Equity Trading||10|
|6||Bonds – Features and Structure||10|
|7||Credit Analysis and Securitization||10|
|8||Derivatives in Fixed Income Securities||10|
|9||Portfolio and Risk Management||15|
- This will be a 150 minutes examination of 100 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- All questions will carry equal marks.
- There will be no negative marking.
To download the summary syllabus of IFMP Financial Advisors Certification Programme, please click here