The IFMP Authorized Surveying Officers Certification covers the concepts of structure and management, regulatory framework and ethics, associated risks, governing laws, types and mechanism, documentation and selling of Non-life Insurance products and surveying and loss adjusting procedures associated with it. This course is primarily aimed towards officers of Insurance Surveying and loss adjusting companies.
OBJECTIVE OF THE EXAMINATION
The objective of this course is to equip the participants with the knowledge and skills which enables them to perform as Insurance Surveyors and Loss Adjustors efficiently and effectively.
This Exam is mandatory for staff of Insurance Surveying and Loss Adjusting Business.
The curriculum is divided into elements and these are broken down into a series of learning objectives. Each learning objective begins with one of the following prefixes: know, understand, be able to calculate and be able to apply. These words indicate the different levels of skill to be tested. Learning objectives prefixed:
- Know: require the candidate to recall information such as facts, rules and principles
- Understand: require the candidate to demonstrate comprehension of an issue, fact, rule or principle.
- Be able to calculate: Require the candidate to be able to use formulae to perform calculations.
- Be able to apply: Require the candidate to be able to apply their knowledge to a given set of circumstances in order to present a clear and detailed explanation of a situation, rule or principle.
Each examination paper is constructed from a specification that determines the weightings that will be given to each element. The specification is given below.
It is important to note that the numbers quoted may vary slightly from examination to examination as there is some flexibility to ensure that each examination has a consistent level of difficulty. However, the number of questions tested in each element will not change by more than plus or minus 2.
|1||Introduction to Insurance||10|
|2||Classes of Surveyor Business||10|
|3||Insurable Interest and Indemnity||10|
|4||The principles of Insurance||10|
|6||Hazards and Risk Exposures||10|
|7||Introduction to Takaful||10|
|8||Surveyors’ Tasks and Responsibilities.||10|
|9||Admissibility of Claims, Claims validation and Claims handling||10|
|10||Code of Ethics and Regulatory Framework||10|
- This will be a 150 minutes examination of 100 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- All questions will carry equal marks.
- There will be no negative marking.
To download the summary syllabus of Authorized Surveying Officers Certification, please click here