The IFMP Investment Banking and Analysis Certification covers the concepts of relationship management, valuation, financing, mergers and asset management for products related to Corporate Finance and Capital Budgeting.
OBJECTIVE OF THE EXAMINATION
This Certification Exam specifically designed to meet the minimum qualifications needs of all the professionals related to Investment Banking and Analysis. It intends to ensure that the professionals dealing with its techniques are competent enough in their work.
This exam has been designed for all the professionals working in capital markets or is connected to it.
The curriculum is divided into elements which are further broken down into learning outcomes. Each learning objective starts with a specific prefix which indicates the level of skills to be tested. The following prefixes are used in this curriculum:
- Know: require the candidate to recall information such as facts, rules and principles
- Understand: require the candidate to demonstrate comprehension of an issue, fact, rule or principle.
- Be able to calculate: Require the candidate to be able to use formulae to perform calculations.
- Be able to apply: Require the candidate to be able to apply their knowledge to a given set of circumstances in order to present a clear and detailed explanation of a situation, rule or principle.
Each examination paper is constructed from a specification that determines the weightings that will be given to each element. The specification is given below.
It is important to note that the numbers quoted may vary slightly from examination to examination as there is some flexibility to ensure that each examination has a consistent level of difficulty. However, the number of questions tested in each element will not change by more than plus or minus 2. This comprises of 100 multiple choice questions.
|1||Introduction to Investment Banking||15|
|5||Mergers and Acquisitions||15|
|7||Role of Investment Banking In the Financial Crisis of 2008||10|
- This will be a 150 minutes examination of 100 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- All questions will carry equal marks.
- There will be no negative marking.
To download the summary syllabus of Investment Banking and Analysis Certification, please click here