The IFMP Family Takaful Agents Foundation Course covers the concepts of islamic finance, shariah elements and principles in takaful, structure and management, regulatory framework and ethics, associated risks, governing laws, types and mechanism, documentation and efficient selling of Family Takaful products. This course is primarily aimed towards sales staff of Family Takaful companies and banks selling / distributing Family Takaful Products.
OBJECTIVE OF THE EXAMINATION
The objective of this course is to equip the trainee with the knowledge and skills which enables them to perform as a Takaful Agent efficiently and effectively.
This Exam will be mandated for sale staff of Family Takaful Companies and banks selling/ distributing Family Takaful products.
The curriculum is divided into elements and these are broken down into a series of learning objectives. Each learning objective begins with one of the following prefixes: know, understand, be able to calculate and be able to apply. These words indicate the different levels of skill to be tested. Learning objectives prefixed:
- Know: require the candidate to recall information such as facts, rules and principles
- Understand: require the candidate to demonstrate comprehension of an issue, fact, rule or principle.
- Be able to calculate: Require the candidate to be able to use formulae to perform calculations.
- Be able to apply: Require the candidate to be able to apply their knowledge to a given set of circumstances in order to present a clear and detailed explanation of a situation, rule or principle.
Each examination paper is constructed from a specification that determines the weightings that will be given to each element. The specification is given below.
It is important to note that the numbers quoted may vary slightly from examination to examination as there is some flexibility to ensure that each examination has a consistent level of difficulty. However, the number of questions tested in each element will not change by more than plus or minus 2. This comprises of 100 multiple choice questions.
|1||Introduction to Islamic Economics and Finance||10|
|2||Introduction to Takaful (Islamic Insurance)||10|
|3||Sharia Elements and Principles in Takaful||10|
|4||Takaful Models, Types and Structures||10|
|5||Family Takaful Products & Risk Management in Islam||10|
|6||Takaful Operator/Company: Structure and Aspects||10|
|7||Regulatory Framework, Ethics and Contractual Provisions||10|
|8||Documentation, Underwriting and Claims.||10|
|9||Takaful Selling: Career, Processes and Personal Grooming||20|
- This will be a 150 minutes examination of 100 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- All questions will carry equal marks.
- There will be no negative marking.
To download the summary syllabus of Family Takaful Agents’ Certifications, Please click here