The IFMP Fundamentals of Capital Markets Certification Exam cover the basic concepts of financial markets, types of assets and contracts, financial intermediaries and their mechanisms, available instruments of investment and trade, risks and returns, and market indices. This course is aimed towards all capital market participants.
Objective of the Examination
This Certification Examination is specifically designed to meet the certification needs of the capital market participants at brokerage houses and asset management companies providing investment advice. It is ensure that all such intermediaries have basic understanding of financial markets and its structures.
IFMP Fundamentals of Capital Markets Certification Programme is mandated for all intermediaries in the capital market of Pakistan.
The unit is divided into elements. These are broken down into a series of learning objectives. Each learning objective begins with one of the following prefixes: know, understand, be able to calculate and also be able to apply These words indicate the different levels of skill to be tested. Learning objectives prefixed:
- Know: require the candidate to recall information such as facts, rules and principles
- Understand: require the candidate to demonstrate comprehension of an issue, fact, rule or principle
- Be able to calculate: require the candidate to be able to use formulae to perform calculations
- Be able to apply: require the candidate to be able to apply their knowledge to a given set of circumstances in order to present a clear and detailed explanation of a situation, rule or principle
Each examination paper is constructed from a specification that determines the weightings that will be given to each element. The specification is given below.
It is important to note that the numbers quoted may vary slightly from examination to examination as there is some flexibility to ensure that each examination has a consistent level of difficulty. However, the number of questions tested in each element will not change by more than plus or minus 2. This comprises of 100 multiple choice questions.
- This will be a two-hour examination of 100 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- All questions will carry equal marks.
- There will be no negative marking.
To download the summary syllabus of IFMP Fundamentals of Capital Markets Certification Programme, please Click Here