The IFMP Risk Management Certification covers the concepts of financial system and securities markets, the mutual fund industry and its governing regulatory framework, operational aspects of mutual funds and ethical practices.
OBJECTIVE OF THE EXAMINATION
The objective of this study guide is to provide in-depth knowledge of risk management and surveillance in capital markets to candidates wishing to take Institute of Capital Market’s (ICM) Risk Management and Surveillance certification. The candidates are expected to gain risk management and surveillance knowledge for capital market with some knowledge of banking system and regulations governing the banking system.
This exam is by and large mandated for the people working at Risk Management Companies.
The unit is divided into elements. These are broken down into a series of learning objectives. Each learning objective begins with one of the following prefixes: know, understand, be able to calculate and also be able to apply. These words indicate the different levels of skill to be tested. Learning objectives prefixed:
- Know: require the candidate to recall information such as facts, rules and principles
- Understand: require the candidate to demonstrate comprehension of an issue, fact, rule or principle.
- Be able to calculate: Require the candidate to be able to use formulae to perform calculations.
- Be able to apply: Require the candidate to be able to apply their knowledge to a given set of circumstances in order to present a clear and detailed explanation of a situation, rule or principle.
Each examination paper is constructed from a specification that determines the weightings that will be given to each element. The specification is given below.
It is important to note that the numbers quoted may vary slightly from examination to examination as there is some flexibility to ensure that each examination has a consistent level of difficulty. However, the number of questions tested in each element will not change by more than plus or minus 2. This comprises of 100 multiple choice questions.
|Introduction to Risk Management
|Introduction to Financial Markets
|Risk Management Models
|Management of Risks
|Derivatives and Risk Management
|Introduction to Surveillance
|Operational Scope of Surveillance
- This will be a 150 minutes examination of 100 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- All questions will carry equal marks.
- There will be no negative marking.
To download the summary syllabus of Risk Management Certification Exam, please click here