The IFMP Mutual Fund Basic Certification Programme covers the concepts of financial system and securities markets, the mutual fund industry and its governing regulatory framework, operational aspects of mutual funds and ethical practices.
OBJECTIVE OF THE EXAMINATION
This Certification Exam is specifically designed to meet the minimum qualification needs of the mutual fund distributors working either directly with a fund management company or through a distribution agent. It intends to ensure that they are competent to provide investment advice to the investors.
This exam has been mandated for Sales Staff of Mutual Fund Companies/ Collective Investment Schemes and their distributors.
The curriculum is divided into elements and these are broken down into a series of learning objectives.Each learning objective begins with one of the following prefixes: know, understand, be able to calculate and be able to apply.
These words indicate the different levels of skill to be tested. Learning objectives prefixed:
- Know require the candidate to recall information such as facts, rules and principles
- Understand require the candidate to demonstrate comprehension of an issue, fact, rule or principle.
- Be able to calculate require the candidate to be able to use formulae to perform calculations.
- Be able to apply require the candidate to be able to apply their knowledge to a given set of circumstances in order to present a clear and detailed explanation of a situation, rule or principle.
Each examination paper is constructed from a specification that determines the weightings that will be given to each element. The specification is given below. It is important to note that the numbers quoted may vary slightly from examination to examination as there is some flexibility to ensure that each examination has a consistent level of difficulty.
However, the number of questions tested in each element should not change by more than plus or minus 2.
|Introduction to Financial Services and Products
|Introduction to Mutual Funds
|Fund Features and Mechanics
|Ethics, Disclosures and Best Practices
- This will be a 150 minutes examination of 100 multiple choice questions.
- All questions will carry equal marks.
- There will be no negative marking on any wrong answer.
To download the summary syllabus of IFMP Mutual Fund Basic Certification Programme, please click here.