The IFMP Clearing and Settlement Operations Certification Exam covers the overview of capital markets, financial intermediaries, brokerage operations, brokerage operations, clearing process and risk management relevant to clearing ad settlement.
Objective of the Examination
This Certification Exam is specifically designed to meet the minimum qualification needs of the capital market participants at brokerage houses, investment advisors, banks and asset management companies with investment analysis and modeling function and to ensure that they are competent to provide buying & selling recommendations to stock market investors.
This exam is by and large mandated for Clearing and Settlement Staff working at Brokers, Investment Advisors, Banks and Asset Management Companies.
The unit is divided into elements. These are broken down into a series of learning objectives. Each learning objective begins with one of the following prefixes: know, understand, be able to calculate and also be able to apply. These words indicate the different levels of skill to be tested. Learning objectives prefixed:
- know require the candidate to recall information such as facts, rules and principles
- Understand require the candidate to demonstrate comprehension of an issue, fact, rule or principle.
- Be able to calculate require the candidate to be able to use formulae to perform calculations.
- Be able to apply require the candidate to be able to apply their knowledge to a given set of circumstances in order to present a clear and detailed explanation of a situation, rule or principle.
Each examination paper is constructed from a specification that determines the weightings that will be given to each element. The specification is given below.
It is important to note that the numbers quoted may vary slightly from examination to examination as there is some flexibility to ensure that each examination has a consistent level of difficulty. However, the number of questions tested in each element will not change by more than plus or minus 2. This comprises of 100 multiple choice questions.
|1||Overview of Capital Markets||20|
- This will be a two-hour examination of 100 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- All questions will carry equal marks.
- There will be no negative marking.
To download the summary syllabus of IFMP Clearing and Settlement Operations Certification , please click here.