The IFMP Bancassurance Certification covers the concepts of structure and management, regulatory framework and ethics, associated risks, governing laws, types and mechanism, documentation and selling of Insurance products through banks. This course is primarily aimed towards sales staff of bank selling / distributing Insurance Products.
OBJECTIVE OF THE EXAMINATION
The objective of this course is to equip the trainee with the knowledge and skills which enables them to distribute/sell insurance products efficiently and effectively.
This Exam will be mandated for sales staff of banks selling/ distributing Insurance Products.
The unit is divided into elements. These are broken down into a series of learning objectives. Each learning objective begins with one of the following prefixes: know, understand, be able to calculate and also be able to apply. These words indicate the different levels of skill to be tested. Learning objectives prefixed:
- Know: require the candidate to recall information such as facts, rules and principles
- Understand: require the candidate to demonstrate comprehension of an issue, fact, rule or principle.
- Be able to calculate: Require the candidate to be able to use formulae to perform calculations.
- Be able to apply: Require the candidate to be able to apply their knowledge to a given set of circumstances in order to present a clear and detailed explanation of a situation, rule or principle.
Each examination paper is constructed from a specification that determines the weightings that will be given to each element. The specification is given below.
It is important to note that the numbers quoted may vary slightly from examination to examination as there is some flexibility to ensure that each examination has a consistent level of difficulty. However, the number of questions tested in each element will not change by more than plus or minus 2. This comprises of 100 multiple choice questions.
|1||Introduction to Insurance Industry and Bancassurance||10|
|2||Life Insurance Products and their Mechanisms||20|
|3||General Insurance Products and their Mechanismst||20|
|5||Identification of Clients’ Insurance Needs and Sales Cycle||20|
|6||Ethics and Regulatory Framework||20|
- This will be a 150 minutes examination of 100 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- All questions will carry equal marks.
- There will be no negative marking.
To download the summary syllabus of Bancassurace Certification, click here