The IFMP Financial Derivatives Traders Certification Exam covers the concepts of Islamic Economics and Finance, models, regulatory framework, documentation and selling process of Family Takaful products.
This course is mandatory for sales staff of Family Takaful Companies and banks selling/ distributing Family Takaful products.
OBJECTIVE OF THE EXAMINATION
This Certification Exam is specifically designed to meet the minimum qualification needs of the financial market participants trading in financial derivatives and to ensure that they are competent to provide buying & selling services of these to stock market investors.
This exam is by and large mandated for Brokers, Agents of Brokers, Derivative Traders and Sales Staff of Brokers and Brokerage Firms.
The unit is divided into elements. These are broken down into a series of learning objectives. Each learning objective begins with one of the following prefixes: know, understand, be able to calculate and also be able to apply. These words indicate the different levels of skill to be tested. Learning objectives prefixed:
- know require the candidate to recall information such as facts, rules and principles
- understand require the candidate to demonstrate comprehension of an issue, fact, rule or principle
- be able to calculate require the candidate to be able to use formulae to perform calculations
- be able to apply require the candidate to be able to apply their knowledge to a given set of circumstances in order to present a clear and detailed explanation of a situation, rule or principle
Each examination paper is constructed from a specification that determines the weightings that will be given to each element. The specification is given below.
It is important to note that the numbers quoted may vary slightly from examination to examination as there is some flexibility to ensure that each examination has a consistent level of difficulty. However, the number of questions tested in each element will not change by more than plus or minus 2.
|1||Introduction to Derivatives||15|
|2||Forwards: Mechanics and Valuation||20|
|3||Interest Rate Swaps: Mechanics and Valuation||10|
|4||Cross Currency Swaps: Mechanics and Valuation||10|
|5||Options: Mechanics and Valuation||20|
|6||Accounting for Derivative Transactions||5|
|7||Regulatory Developments for Derivative Contracts||5|
|8||Risk Management of Derivative Transactions||15|
- This will be a 150 minutes examination of 100 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- All questions will carry equal marks.
- There will be no negative marking.
To download the summary syllabus of Family Takaful Agents Certification Exam, please click here