The ICM Corporate Finance and Capital Budgeting Certification cover the concepts of planning, budgeting, evaluation, analysis and calculations for products related to Corporate Finance and Capital Budgeting.
Objective of the Examination
This Certification Exam specifically designed to meet the minimum qualifications needs of all the Professionals related to Corporate Finance and Capital Budgeting. It intends to ensure that the professionals dealing with its techniques are competent enough in their work.
This exam has been designed for all the Professionals working in capital markets or is connected to it.
The curriculum is divided into elements which are further broken down into learning outcomes. Each learning objective starts with a specific prefix which indicates the level of skills to be tested. The following prefixes are used in this curriculum:
- know require the candidate to recall information such as facts, rules and principles
- Understand require the candidate to demonstrate comprehension of an issue, fact, rule or principle.
- Be able to calculate require the candidate to be able to use formulae to perform calculations.
- Be able to apply require the candidate to be able to apply their knowledge to a given set of circumstances in order to present a clear and detailed explanation of a situation, rule or principle.
Each examination paper is constructed from a specification that determines the weightings that will be given to each element. The specification is given below.
It is important to note that the numbers quoted may vary slightly from examination to examination as there is some flexibility to ensure that each examination has a consistent level of difficulty. However, the number of questions tested in each element will not change by more than plus or minus 2. This comprises of 100 multiple choice questions.
|1||Introduction to Corporate Finance||10|
|3||Financial Planning and Budgeting||10|
|4||Introduction to Accounting Statements||10|
|5||Financial Ratios Analysis||10|
|6||Capital Management and Planning||10|
|7||Capital Structure Theories and Practical Consideration||10|
|8||Capital Structure Theories and Practical Consideration||10|
|9||Valuation of Business||10|
|10||Mergers and Acquisitions||10|
- This will be a 150 minutes examination of 100 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- All questions will carry equal marks.
- There will be no negative marking.
To download the summary syllabus of Capital Budgeting and Corporate Finance Certification, please clickhere.